HOMEMADE CAT FOOD RECIPES
Cats need a balanced diet to stay healthy. A high quality cat food usually offers all the nutrients your cat requires on a daily basis. Once in a while, however, your cat deserves a change of scenery when it comes to food.
Besides having your cat try new flavors and tastes, preparing these recipes with your cat can be a joyful bonding time for both of you. Have your cat see and smell each of the ingredients. Stimulate their curious nature by having them smell a piece of food in your fist before showing them. Enjoy the cooking experience with your cat just like they will enjoy the finished result.
Surprise your beloved feline with these affordable and healthy homemade recipes.
- 1 cup canned mackerel.
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seed oil.
- 1 tablespoon cooked brown rice.
- Water as needed.
Mix the ingredients above in a food processor until well blended. Serve a suitable portion to your cat and refrigerate the rest. You can keep it up to four days in the fridge.
Recipe 2 Simply chicken
- 1 cup cooked chicken.
- 1/2 cup mashed steamed broccoli.
- Chicken broth (or water) as needed.
Mix the ingredients in a food processor, gradually adding broth (or water) until a smooth mixture is formed. And it's ready to be served!
Recipe 3 Chicken & tuna
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken.
- 1 can oil packed tuna.
- 1 tablespoon mashed steamed carrots.
Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until well blended. Serve a portion to your cat and refrigerate the leftovers (up to three days).
Recipe 4 Meaty delicacy
- 1/2 cup cooked, diced meat.
- 1/4 cup steamed carrots and/or broccoli.
- 1/4 cup cooked brown rice
- Water (or broth) if needed.
Mix all ingredients above in a food processor, add water (or broth) as necessary to make a smooth consistency. Then serve a portion of the meaty goodness to your cat.
Recipe 5 Salmon biscuits
- 1 cup oats flakes.
- 1/4 cup canned fish. (as available)
- 1/4 cup flour.
- 1 egg.
- 2 tsp olive oil.
Preheat the oven to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
Mix all the ingredients above until you obtain a thick, smooth consistency.
Shape the dough into small balls then flatten them.
Place the biscuits on a parchment paper covered tray, then cook in the oven for ten minutes or until thoroughly baked.
Let them cool down, have your cat sample the treat, then save in a container in the fridge.
Your cat will definitely love these healthy homemade treats. Like regular store bought treats, give them only occasionnaly or when you want to reward your cat.
Tips for feeding your cat homemade cat food:
- Avoid spices and aromatic herbs.
- Make sure the suppliances and place where you prepare the food is clean.
- Always remove bones.
- Be careful not to include ingredients that can harm your cat.
- Keep the homemade cat food in the refrigerator. Don't leave it out for longer than an hour. If you notice that the smell or the color have changed, get rid of it immediately.
- Always serve the food at room temperature, neither cold nor hot.
Remember, the recipes above can't replace the usual cat food all the time. Cats need a balanced diet with all the right nutrients, we can't stress that enough. So make sure you only serve the recipes above once in a while if you want to make your cat happy by treating them to something different and tasty.
Pin these recipes to try out later!